Basketball is a physically demanding sport and requires more than practicing your game skills to prepare for the season. Whether you play competitively or recreationally, basketball athletes need a combination of speed, quickness, strength, power and body control in order to be successful. Not only do you have to exert high levels of energy, but your body needs to be able to recover quickly to repeat these taxing efforts.
Bon Secours Sports Performance’s team of performance specialists can develop a basketball program that’s right for you, your position and your game. We will evaluate to find your baseline and determine a needs analysis to allow for maximum performance on the court.
Our Basketball Training Program
Performance Evaluations include:
- Flexibility and Strength Assessment (including Vertical Jump Testing)
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Seven Point Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to Identify Neuromuscular Deficiencies
- Injury Prevention Focusing on Strategies for Preventing the Most Common Basketball Injuries.
- Nutrition Consultation and Follow-ups
Performance programs focus on building power, strength, and jump height with:
- Movement Prep (Dynamic Warm-up)
- Speed and Agility Drills
- Strength Training and Power Development
- Vertical Jump Training
- Pillar/Core Strength Training
- Lower Extremity Stability
All training programs are developed based on the results of our thorough evaluation and will be tailored dependent on whether you are in preseason, in-season or offseason competition.
Our basketball training program is offered at our Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond and Memorial Regional Medical Center in Mechanicsville.
If you are interested in individual, team or group training for basketball, please call (804) 325-8812 (Richmond) or (804) 442-3670 (Mechanicsville) for rates and availability.