Baseball is an ever-evolving game that requires athletes to play faster and more explosively than ever. Not only that, today’s baseball athlete must have the physical tools and functional movement patterns to withstand the rigors of year-round competition. At Bon Secours Sports Performance in Richmond, our team of sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, performance specialists and registered dietitians work together in an integrated approach to performance and injury prevention. We can assess your potential and guide you to new levels of performance.
Become faster, stronger and more prepared than you have ever been.
Performance Evaluations include:
- Flexibility and Strength Assessment
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Seven-Point Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to Identify Neuromuscular Deficiencies
- Strategies for Prevention of the Most Common Baseball Injuries
- High Speed Video Analysis *Available*
- Nutrition Consultation and Follow-ups
- Recovery Sports Massage
Performance programs focus on building power, strength, and stability with:
- Movement Prep (Dynamic Warm-up)
- Speed and Agility Drills
- Strength Training and Power Development
- Shoulder Stability
- Pillar/Core Strength Training
- Rotary Power and Stability
We develop customized training programs based on thorough evaluations to meet the needs and goals of each team or player, from preseason through the playoffs.